Ashwagandha is a special kind of evergreen shrub that can be found in the continents of Africa and Asia. It is used mainly for stress. The Ashwagandha herb or ashwagandha capsules contain chemicals that can be helpful in calming the brain, lowering blood pressure, reducing swelling, and altering the immune system. So, it is no doubt a very useful herb for us humans.
Ashwagandha was traditionally popular for working as an adaptogen, as it was used for several issues related to stress. Adaptogens are believed to assist the body in resisting mental and physical stress.
For some instances, it is beneficial for reducing the problems like anxiety, aging, insomnia, and several other issues. However, there is no proper scientific evidence to support those usages.
Take a look at some of the important factors, including the dos and don’ts of taking ashwagandha capsules.
What are the uses and benefits of ashwagandha capsules?
Ashwagandha capsules have different types of usages and benefits. Some of those are:
- Helps in reducing blood sugar levels
Several studies have shown that ashwagandha is useful in lowering blood sugar levels. Ashwagandha capsules can increase the secretion of insulin and also improve the sensitivity in the muscle cells as well.
Also, some studies show that ashwagandha could reduce the levels of blood sugar of both people with diabetes and also healthy people.
- Ancient remedy
Ashwagandha is considered one of the most crucial herbs in Ayurveda that acts as a natural ingredient to relieve the problems like anxiety and stress, improving concentration and also increasing the energy levels of our body. The extract of the leaves or roots of the Ashwagandha plant is used to treat different types of health issues. The ashwagandha capsules are also a good remedy for treating tumour growth and inflammation.
- Acts as a stress reliever by reducing cortisol levels
Cortisol is a stress hormone that can be harmful in some cases. Sometimes, if the cortisol levels become chronically elevated, it can increase blood sugar levels and also increase the storage of fat in the abdomen area. So, ashwagandha capsules can help in treating those problems by reducing cortisol levels efficiently.
- It May be helpful for reducing symptoms of depression
Although it’s not been proven officially, several studies say that ashwagandha capsules may help us by alleviating depression. So, it can be a good option for you if you are suffering from depression.
- May help in enhancing muscle growth and strength
Having ashwagandha capsules may help by enhancing muscle mass and strength. So, for stronger muscles, you can trust ashwagandha capsules.
What are the dos and don’ts of using ashwagandha capsules?
- Though ashwagandha capsules have numerous health benefits, it is important to know about their right dosage.
- Ashwagandha capsules are not good for those people who are suffering from stomach ulcers. This specific herb may irritate the gastrointestinal tract of those people.
- Always follow the exact dosage prescribed by the doctor as taking a large number of ashwagandha capsules can result in diarrhea, digestive problem, nausea, and vomiting.
- It is better to avoid using ashwagandha capsules during pregnancy and high blood pressure.
Hence, ashwagandha capsules have numerous health benefits to offer if taken as per the recommendation of medical experts. So, you can choose to have ashwagandha capsules to remain healthy all day long.