What do you give somebody who doesn’t have a lot of experience in the kitchen but still wants to cook good food for their family or friends? How about we provide them with meals that don’t require too much prep time and supervision? We can provide them with all the easy-to-follow recipes they need, as well. You could also buy them a simple meal kit that contains a recipe card and all the ingredients they need for each meal. Read on the get well soon gifts.
First, pick up the soft throw blanket
1. A soft throw blanket SEEMS like such a silly idea for sick friends, but it’s pretty great because they can use it as a cover-up or a light blanket to put over their legs. It’s also hypoallergenic and can be thrown in the wash when you need it to be washed!
2. A warm drink is always great to have on hand for sick people because they are often under-hydrated and feel terrible.
3. A favorite snack is a must-have for sick friends. Try to cater to their taste buds but more importantly, make sure it’s something they can digest quickly. Fruit snacks, toast with peanut butter, oatmeal with blueberries/strawberries/raisins or a few grated carrots thrown in, hummus and crackers.
3. Essential oil diffusers are a fabulous gift for sick friends because they help spread calming scents throughout the room and aid in getting them better sooner! I like to use essential oils known for helping you get better from colds and flues like lemon, peppermint, rosemary, tea tree, and others. You can also find scented candles or wax tarts that smell wonderful in a diffuser!
6. A good book is always an excellent gift for sick friends because you can entertain them with it when they feel well enough to read, or they can distract themselves from their symptoms with it when they need to. It’s always helpful if you have a book that will make them feel better emotionally and has an exciting storyline to help patients get well soon gifts.
7. Fresh flowers and a new vase. I know this sounds like more of an idea for someone who isn’t sick but honestly, flowers brighten a room and make it feel more like home, which is always nice when you’re in bed all day. Go with fresh flowers because they will last longer than silk or fake ones. Make sure the vase is transparent so that water doesn’t collect at the bottom of it and cause problems for your friend if they accidentally knock it over.
8. Pictures of pets or children are always good to have around when you’re sick because they help to brighten your spirits and make you feel better about life in general! A picture of your friend’s child smiling at you will brighten their day up more than anything else you could give them. don’t forget to clean the photo off and put a new one on it when they get better!
If you are low on time or want to show someone that you care about them, this is a great gift to get for them. Just make sure that they have all the ingredients they need in their kitchen. It’s also important to show them how to use the meal kit by giving them a quick tutorial on preparing each meal. The above are our top get well soon gifts.