Once in a year, the statutory body of the National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts the national level medical test commonly known as NEET for the aspirants who want to make their dream career in the medical industry. The grounds of National Eligibility and Entrance Test or NEET Exam is considered as one of the highly dignified entrance examinations which would be conducted to fill approximately 54,000 medical seats in the numerous medical institutes of India. NEET would be the only theory test which will help to fill the State Level Quota as well as the All India Quota Seats across the nation. Apart from this, it is also validating for filling the seats of prestigious private medical institutes of the Indian states.
In order to provide a farsighted space, the Central Board of Secondary Education popularly known as CBSE arranges the levels of NEET Exam for the potential students who are seeking admissions in the well-established medical courses through NEET UG and NEET PG exams. Discussing more about the exam, the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is applicable for taking admission to the colleges as follows:
- State Government Quota Seats
- State/ Management/ NRI Quota Seats in Private Dental and Medical institutes or any other Private University.
- Central Pool Quota Seats
- Central Universities/ Institutes or Other Deemed Universities
- All India Quota Seats
NEET Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Criteria of Eligibility for NEET UG Courses –
In order to successfully submit an online examination for the paper one should follow the guidelines of basic NEET eligibility criteria for the program as follows-
- An apprentice should belong to the Indian state origin for the national entrance test of NEET. Students with foreign nationality, persons of Indian origin (PIOs), overseas citizens of India (OCIs), and non-resident Indians (NRIs) can make their applications.
- Students belonging to the citizenship of Jammu and Kashmir who came under the 15% AIQ seats are also eligible.
- A student must have completed his/her +2 examination within the subject criteria of Chemistry, Biotechnology/ Biology, Mathematics, and Physics from an eminent recognized board. More than this pass out scholars of class 12th from any State Open School or National Institute of Open Schooling can also submit their entries.
- Students with General Category have to secure at least 50% marks in Science stream whereas candidates with disabilities need to score 45% marks in cumulative form.
- The criteria of age limit for NEET UG 2019 exam examines a minimum age limit of the student should be 17 years of age while the maximum age limit for the course is 25 years.
- Students belonging to the category of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ OBC and minor community give preferences of 5-years of age relaxation.
Criterion of Eligibility for NEET PG Courses –
Medical graduates who wish to enroll themselves under the categories of NEET PG are required to fulfill the aspects of NEET Eligibility for the commencing session of 2019-20. The comprehensive set of eligibility criterion is as follows-
- Enthralling students who want to pursue Postgraduate medical courses such as MS/MD/ PG Diploma and other masters programs are required to hold an MBBS Degree from the deemed medical institutes or universities in India.
- The MBBS Degree must be approved by the Medical Council of India.
- Apart from this, the candidature must have completed the 12 months internship at medical premises on or before March 31, 2019.
- Indian students, who came under the category of OCI and passed their Primary Medical Education from outside India, must hold a qualifying certificate of Foreign Medical Graduate Examination issued by the National Board of Examinations.
NEET PG Eligibility for Foreign Nationals –
The organizing committee of NEET PG changes the complete set of eligibility conditions for foreign nationals.
- The Foreign Nationals can pursue the examination without getting any MCI registration certificate.
- The provisional registration will be issued with a condition that such candidates must be duly registered with the competent registering authority of their own motherland.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The medical exam of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is perform into two different aspects for the Indian national scholars i.e. NEET UG for the scholars who wants to pursue undergraduate medical courses and NEET PG for those students who wish to enrolled themselves for various PG level courses (including MS, MD, PG Diploma, and other PG Degree courses) in the Indian recognized medical institutes.
NEET UG 2019 Exam Pattern
The prelims of NEET UG consists of three hours long descriptive type question paper holding a sum total of 180 MCQs from the science streams subjects including Chemistry, Physics, and Biology (Zoology & Botany). The grounds to NEET UG Examination will schedule to be held in different Indian languages such as Hindi, English, Bengali, Marathi, Assamese, Telugu, Gujarati, Tamil, Oriya, and Kannada. Every correct answer will help a student to get four marks and all about one mark will be deducted once the scholar gets an incorrect answer. The NEET UG 2019 exam will consist of the questions related to subjects like Chemistry, Physics, and Biology. Subjects like Physics and Chemistry will contain the marks of 45 each whereas; subjects like Biology will contain the 90 marks weightage.
NEET UG Syllabus 2019-20
Talking about the NEET Syllabus for Under Graduate Courses, the scholars need to develop their exam strategy in the origin of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Let’s take a look at the detailed form of NEET UG 2019 Syllabus.
Syllabus for Physics
- Class XI: Kinematics, Thermodynamics, Physical World and Measurement, Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Laws of Motion, Properties of Bulk Matter, Work, Energy & Power.
- Class XII: Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current & Magnetism, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Optics, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Waves, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents.
Syllabus for Chemistry
- Class XI: Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Equilibrium, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Hydrogen, Redox Reactions, Thermodynamics, States of Matter, S-Block Element, and P-Block Element.
- Class XII: Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Biomolecules, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Coordination Compounds, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, Chemical Kinetics, D and F Block Elements, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Polymers, P-Block Elements, Surface Chemistry, Solid State, Electrochemistry, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, and Solutions.
Syllabus for Biology
- Class XI: Structural Organization in Animals and Plants, Human Physiology, Cell Structure and Function, Diversity in Living World, and Plant Physiology.
- Class XII: Biology and Human Welfare, Genetics and Evolution, Reproduction, Ecology and Environment, and Biotechnology and its Applications.
NEET PG 2019 Exam Pattern
The grounds of NEET PG contained 300 MCQs questions which will be completed within the time limit of 3 hours 30 minutes. The PG Paper of NEET Exam will be divided into three parts i.e. Part A, B, and C each containing 50, 100, and 150 Multiple Choice Questions respectively. Through this article, you will get to understand the overall structure of the test, marking scheme, and other informative information. The medium of examination will be conducted in the English language. Talking about the examination pattern 4 marks will be given to every correct answer while 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect response. The NEET Post Graduate Exam including the subjects like Pre-Clinical, Clinical, and Para-Clinical subjects.
NEET PG Syllabus Part A, B, and C
- Part A: Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology
- Part B: Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Microbiology, and Social & Preventive Medicine
- Part C: ENT, General Surgery Including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia & Radiodiagnosis, Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, General Medicine Including Dermatology & Venerology & Psychiatry, Obstetrics, and Gynecology