There are basically four reasons why the wireless connection between your Linksys router and other devices is intermittent or dropping the connection.
a. Frequency interference from different wireless devices present in nearby location
b. MTU size
c. Linksys router is sending low signal quality
d. If you have not update Linksys router’s firmware from a long time
Troubleshooting Linksys WiFi Dropping Connection problem –
1. Reduce Wireless interference –
If your Linksys router is frequently dropping wireless connection then you should check these factors as they affect your wireless signals.
- 2.4 GHz Interference – It might be possible that your Linksys router as well as your cordless telephone system is operating on the same frequency. In such circumstances, change router’s channel. Keep router’s channel as 1 or 11 as both of them are considered as nonoverlapping channels. After changing wireless channels, restart your Linksys router.
- Physical obstructions – Your Linksys router may lose wireless connectivity because of physical obstacles such as walls or floors. To find a better signal, please move your computer to a different location. Well, the most ideal location would be at the central part of your home.
- Placement of router – It is recommended by experts that you should place your Linksys router as high off the ground. When you place the router at the high location, please leave a distance of 2 feet between the router antenna tips and wall. If there are various wireless devices that are connected to the Linksys router, then place the router on the upper-most floor.
- Surrounding – It is also recommended by experts that you should keep your router away from large metal objects, electrical equipment, television sets, microwaves, radios etc.
2. Adjust MTU size –
3. Customize wireless settings on Linksys router –
If you are having default wireless settings on Linksys router then it may cause conflicts with other Linksys routers that are present within your network range. So, it is recommended by experts to change the Linksys router’s Wi-Fi name as well as enable wireless security.
4. Upgrade Linksys router firmware –
- Download the firmware – Go to Linksys Support website and download and save the firmware for Linksys router.
- Performing the upgrade – After downloading the firmware, login into Linksys router setup wizard by entering login details. Then locate Administration and press a click on it. Choose Firmware Upgrade and tap on Browse button. Locate and choose the file that you have downloaded and then click on Open. Press a click on Start Upgrade button and please don’t turn off power or press the Reset button during the upgrading process. Once the process gets complete, you will see “Upgrade has been successful” message. Now, turn off your router and then turn it on after some time.
How does Linksys Technical Support work for user comfort?
We are backed by the team of highly skilled technicians who can efficiently deal with Linksys router technical problems for 24*7. If you need awesome technical aid for Linksys router then Linksys Support Number is the best place for you. To endorse the benefits of our services, get in touch with us and troubleshoot all multitudinous errors. Feel stress-free in connecting with our team and obtain expeditious solutions.