Mechanism of action
When a body is exposed to an allergen, which is a substance that triggers the allergy, the immune system releases a product of blood cells called as Leukotriene. The secretion of Leukotriene produces swelling in lungs and constriction of airways with tightening of airway muscles. This causes inflammation. Generic Singulair blocks the action of Leukotriene on the Leukotriene receptors, which reduces the bronchoconstriction and inflammation. By blocking the action of Leukotriene, the symptoms of allergic rhinitis and asthma are reduced.
• Follow the directions for use as mentioned on prescription label.
• Do not limit or exceed the dose of this medicine than recommended by doctor.
• This medicine is taken only once in a day to prevent asthma and allergic reaction.
• For exercise-induced bronchospasm, take the dose nearly two hours prior to exercise.
• There should be a gap of 24 hours between two doses to prevent complications.
• This medicine does not offer benefit in an acute asthma attack but just can be taken as a preventive measure for asthma
• Do not chew, crush or break the tablet. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water.
• This medicine may take several weeks to show the desired effect, so continue taking Generic Singulair unless your doctor tells to you stop taking the medicine.
• Irregular use of this medicine will not give beneficial effects.
• Store this medicine at room temperature and away from direct heat or sunlight.
• Stomach ache
• Fever and flu-like symptoms
• Sore throat
• Stuffy nose
Seek urgent medical attention if the following symptoms of Generic Singulair 100mg tablet are developed
• Mood changes
• Muscle weakness
• Tingling and numbness
• Ear pain and warmness
• Skin rashes
• Swelling of face and tongue
• Generic Singulair medicine is not suitable for use in children below six years of age.• If you miss the dose, take it as soon as you remember.
• You can skip the dose if it’s almost the time for next scheduled dose.
• Do not consume an extra dose in order to compensate for missed dose.
• Avoid outdoor activities that that require high degree of mental alertness while on treatment with this medicine, as this medicine can induce mild drowsiness.
• People who are allergic to Montelukast should never consume Generic Singulair.