Microsoft’s web browser, Edge, comes with a built-in Reading View feature. When you enable this feature, all the text contained in the online article gets displayed in a clear and simplistic layout, untainted by internal and external links, advertisements, etc. Now, whenever you read news article or go through a tutorial, just enable the Reading View feature making your reading experience better. Also, you can customize the layout according to your preference. Here’s how you can use the Reading View feature in Edge:
Steps to enable Reading View
- Firstly, turn on the computer and click on the Microsoft Edge icon located in the toolbar.
- Now, you need to open the page you wish to read.
- Note: Select WebPages that have textual content without many pictures or videos.
3. After navigating to the appropriate web page, just click on the open book icon located next to the start icon for bookmarks. It is present in the top right area of the browser.
- Note: If the icon is absent or faded, then it means that the webpage does not support Reading View.
4. Be patient for the Reading View to appear. At first, the screen will go blank, and the text will appear.
- Note: You will not be able to see pictures and videos that were added to the web page in Reading View.
5. Now, just enjoy the material in Reading View. When you are done, either go back or click again on the open book icon to exit from Reading View.
Steps to customize Reading View
- Firstly, click on the menu button located at the upper right-hand corner of the window.
- From the list of options in the pull-down menu, scroll down and click on Settings.
- After that, navigate to the last part of the screen, and go to the Reading segment.
- Now, you can pick the appropriate style for Reading View. You can choose the following:
- Medium, and
5. After that, in order to customize the font size in Reading View, click on the pull-down menu, and select the font size. By default, the font size is set to Medium. Here is the list of options available:
- Extra Large
6. Finally, go back to the main screen, and all the changes will get applied and stored.
Emma Justine is a McAfee product expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Emma has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as mcafee.com/Activate.