The performance insurance is important for your instrument, as it helps you pay up for the instrument in case it comes with performance issues. The performance in the instrument could be related to the tone, the strings (in case of string instrument) or other things associated with the instrument. A good performance insurance will help you make sure your instrument does not cause too many losses, and can be maintained easily.
Here are a few things you ought to consider when buying the performance insurance.
- What type of performance insurance are you interested in? Are you looking for a very basic insurance that will cover just the performance of the instrument or do you want a good insurance that will cover the costs of the audio equipment involved? The answer to this question will dictate your choice of the insurance
- Once you have chosen the type of insurance, you will need to consider the inclusions for your insurance. What all aspects do you want covered?
- A good performance insurance is reliable if it can cover the repair costs in case the strings are broken or some damage is caused, thus lowering the performance of the instrument. You should ideally add a repair cost even for basic scratches in the insurance cover
- What if the instrument is dropped accidentally just before a show? This can add up to the costs. You might need to buy a new instrument or get a rented one for the time being. You should have this covered in the performance insurance you are buying
- Are you buying performance insurance for a used instrument or for a new one? The answer will determine what all factors you need to consider. If the used one is slightly older than the specific period, your valuation might fall and the total premium to be paid will be more if you want too many clauses included. A new one will be fairly cheaper when compared to the insurance for a used instrument
- How often do you want to pay the premium will decide the premium amount as well? You should define this at the start, and it will help choose the right performance insurance for your instrument
Choosing the right provider
- A good provider is a result of experience and expertise. If the person has both knowledge and the right application methods, they would be able to provide you with the apt insurance solution for your instrument needs
- The provider should have the experience of providing performance insurance, the type that you are seeking. This will help you know if they can provide you with the solution you are seeking
- The budget of the premium is of major concern when choosing a performance insurance provider. You don’t want to ruin your chances of getting good maintenance and service for your instrument with the wrong provider. It is a good idea to keep a set budget and opt for one that matches your budget needs perfectly
- Finally, you might want to check their ratings and reviews before finalizing them. This will help you know if they are worth the money you are investing or not.