Pondering over a large-ensemble arrangement? Thinking how to write the music for all instruments?
We know it’s not easy, actually it never was, and neither it will be. Every group has its strengths, deficiencies, and weaknesses. Experience holders will find it less complex, while youngsters may have a rough time composing or learning it. The fact is the guys with experience know what areas can perform and where they can perform. Meanwhile, the new guys merely have that idea or backing that they can anticipate the shows in such a big scale.
Let’s look up to the marching band music sections and they contribute in creating marching band music Florida arrangements.
Brass elements – Have you witnessed the string section of an orchestra? Well, it’s not exactly same, but the brass is quite similar to that. It is the main ingredient, which offers an ideal piece of melody and attracts the audience, irrespective of others. The audience will listen to it even if others aren’t playing.
Battery – A truly distinguishing factor that separates Concert Band and Marching Band, the battery adds excitement to the featured or supporting roles. Know more how it works; like everyone does, obviously through the internet.
Woodwinds – Do you know how woodwinds make it so relatable? They flourish the major components like brass or featuring roles with extraordinary depth and compassion. People generally feel connected with the woodwinds that reduce rawness and make the sound softer.
Pit – Love to add original sounds? This is where you can experiment and add new sounds for texture and depth using non-pitched and pitched percussion parts. As a person, who is deeply engrossed with marching band music arrangements, you will find it exciting.
Tips for marching band arrangements:
1. Brass is the key – Find melody, harmony, and rhythm through the brass, and since it is the most important constituent, you will need to start with that.
2. Try elements in woodwinds and pit – Don’t forget that woodwinds and pit add depth and texture to the music. Don’t make it louder for more instruments. It can prove counter-intuitive. Add secondary ideas that listeners will love to hear.
3. Gestures before notes – How the music is playing at? Does it offer synchronization for the beats, hits, rips, flats, etc.? You can think of gestures before preparing the notes as it would be helpful in putting up a great show.
4. Time it well – In a marching band’s performance, timing is everything. The continuous playing of instruments can be tiring for the band members. Therefore, you need to think of a musical arrangement that gives them enough rest and plays out well on the field. Not just that, you can add great and dramatic elements to the climax.
5. Sketch artist – Turn into a sketch artist with the drum arrangement for arranging different elements at the right place. The ideas and notes will help how, why, and where a band member should physically play the instrument.
Refer to the music production company for clinical assistance on shows.
Author info: Judy Crystal is associated with Inspiremusic.com, one of the leading marching band music Florida since a long time. It provides best marching band music arrangements in Tampa, Florida with tremendous success!