One of the highlights of Google Analyticsis that it allows you to permit access to other users to view the reports of the website that is a part of your Google Analytics account. To do this, you will have to add the other user as a user with your account and that allows the other user to view the Analytics report of the site by logging into his/her user account. You can grant different levels of access to your generated reports. By doing this, the secondary user cannot make changes to the settings of the account.
The steps to grant account access to secondary users are as follows.
1. Login to your Analytics account
2. Look for list of the Google Analytics accounts on the dashboard
3. Click on the link of the Analytics account that you want other users to access and then you would be redirected to a new page
4. On the new page,you can view the different websites of that account in a table form
5. Just below that particular table,you will find a link “User Manager” which needs to be clicked and you will be taken to screen as follows;
6. Now, click on the “User Manager” link, a new page called “User Manager” will open and a table with a link named “Add User” appears on the page
7. Click the link named “Add User” and you will be redirected to a new page “Create New User for Access”. Now you will need to enter the email address of the person to whom you wish to grant access to your Analytic account. It looks as follows;
8. After entering the email address, you can specify the level of access either “View Reports Only” or “Account Administrator”. Select the option which suits the occasion
9. Another table which contains the list of websites in your account is found on the same page. Now, select the website to which you want to provide access to
10. After selecting the website, click on the “Save Changes” button to complete the process.
Now, the person to whom you have granted account access can login to view the data within the given access level.
This Blog is written by Markets & Reports, firstname.lastname@example.org